Universal Jobmatch: Your Rights http://consent.me.uk/universaljobmatch/
Below are notes and a draft template letter to to question any Jobseeker’s Direction
2) Draft letter to Jobcentre Adviser
(Please see http://consent.me.uk/2013/03/04/privacypolicy/, as policies have changed and letter needs amending to reflect this.)
- Revoke consent
Web tracking cookies regulations means you cannot be required to use you own Internet Access Devices (IADs) to register with or use it. However, Jobcentres can make arrangements to use and register on it’s own IADs, though it still remains unclear whether they comply with the regulations (See Q&A 11 – source)
2) Draft letter to Jobcentre Adviser
If you get a UJ JD, you might wish to give your Adviser a letter like:
Dear Jobentre Adviser (name person best)
RE: Universal Jobmatch (UJ) Jobseeker’s Direction (JD).
With regards the above matter, to prevent making a formal complaint, can you please write back to me as soon as possible and advise:
1) How I could go about registering or using UJ, as I normally block all web tracking cookies and similar tehnologies, in accord with my Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations/EU e-Privacy Directive rights?
Universal Jobmatch: Your privacy rights
DWP/Jobcentre: Policy on consent
“For consent to be fully informed and freely given you need to tell the customer exactly why you need the information, what you are going to do with it and whom you might share it with. We cannot put any conditions on a customer to try and persuade them to consent.“
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/copy_of_data_protection_act_docu (accessed 26/2/13)
3) If I do register and use UJ, what will be the consequences if I later revoke consent to it’s PP?
4) Please provide me with a copy of your internal Jobcentre memos or guidance on the topic of making UJ mandatory via a JD.
5) Please explain why I have been mandated to use and register with UJ, when I use many online recruitment websites that are equal to or superior to UJ, such as jobsite.co.uk,
monster.co.uk and indeed.co.uk?
6) When UJ is used and registered with on a JD mandated basis please tell me without ambiguity whether or not it is mandatory to:
a. Give DWP/Jobcentre access to my account?
b. Accept web tracking cookies and similar technologies?
c. Apply for a job that is not advertised externally and the only application that can be made is via UJ?
d. Apply for a Job listed under the employer ‘Company Confidential’?
e. Apply for jobs listed by recruitment agencies?
f. Register with every recruitment agency that has a suitable job match?
g. To accept email, sms or any other forms of electronic messages?
7) Does this UJ JD mean I have been mandated to register with every recruitment agency that advertises any suitable job matches?
8) What precise UJ registration and account personal data am I mandated to show the Jobcentre/Adviser?
9) If at any time in the future I delete my UJ account, how long is a copy retained?
10) Can I use a pen name, pseudonym, nick name or other name I am commonly known by for UJ registration and use? This would help maintain my privacy and prevent any possible past or future employer knowing I am applying for jobs and thereby jeopardize my employment prospects?
11) are there any provisions or options to give access to UJ, with or without user permission, to DWP contractors and or Local and Central government agencies?
Your JD does not contain answers to the reasonable questions above, please reply asap so I can make a freely given and fully informed decision in compliance with the above regulations, your own policies and guidance and the Data Protection Act.